The African Beach Soccer Union, a young body focused on the promotion and development of Beach Soccer has successfully inaugurated its five Standing Committees on Saturday.
The historic event held virtually, featured over 40 participants from various member countries across Africa, with all appointees sworn in after concurrently taking part in the oath-taking ceremony.
In his speech, Mr. Mamud Hadejia, the President of the Union tasked the newly sworn-in committee members to display strong friendship, tolerance and dedication in the call to serve the continent.
He further stressed that one of the main goals of the union is to improve on the technical aspect of the game while advising all to leverage on existing beach soccer structures laid by the national associations in their various countries.
Speaking after the swearing-in, Nassim El Hadaoui, the chairman of the Technical Development Committee disclosed his committee’s robust proposal for coaches, referees and players of the game.
El Hadaoui also revealed strategic plans for the introduction of beach soccer to schools and awareness against drug abuse while appealing for members to work together to ensure the continent surpasses its quarter-finals best within the next two World Cups.
As a guest speaker, Mustapha El Hadauoi, a Moroccan legend, expressed his joy over the epoch-making ceremony and congratulated all members in their pioneering effort to collectively build upon existing efforts that have been put in place.
El Hadauoi, who doubles as Morocco’s Beach Soccer coach pledged his commitment to join the lobby for better beach soccer for Africa.
The Committees inaugurated were Technical & Youth Development, Women’s Development, Marketing & Sponsorship. Others are Media, Communications Branding Committee and Competitions Committee.
The committees’ heads are Ibrahima Ndiaye [Senegal]; Competitions, Ms. Peggy Freminot [Seychelles]; Women Development, Deo Mutabazi [Uganda]; Marketing/Sponsorship, and Yaw Ampofo Ankrah [Ghana]; Media & Communications.
Find below committees and their members.
Technical Development Committee
1) Nassim El Hadaoui – Morocco – Chairperson
2) Ali Mwebe – Uganda – Vice Chairperson
3) Abdullahi Isa – Nigeria
4) Ntonzo Bhengu – South Africa
5) Ahmed Abdel-Razak – Egypt
6) Omar Sylla – Senegal
7) George Darko – Ghana
8) Eddy Rose – Mauritius
9) Ulric Mathiot – Seychelles
10) Jelili Ogunmuyiwa – Nigeria
11) Boniface Pawasa – Tanzania
1) Ms. Peggy Freminot – Seychelles – Chairperson
2) Christian Jean Claude – Madagascar – Vice Chairperson
3) Mrs. Ruth David – Nigeria
4) Hilário Madeira – Mozambique
5) Ms. Hafsat Toyin Yusuff – Nigeria
6) Aboghe Christian – Gabon
7) Mrs Janet Nana Akua Amankwaa Quaye
Marketing & Sponsorship Committee
1) Deo Mutabazi – Uganda – Chairperson
2) Edivaldo Tavares – Angola – Vice Chairperson
3) Abdullahi Yahaya – Nigeria
4) Ronny Oyando – Kenya
5) Lucky Luthuli – South Africa
6) Alizor Chuks – Nigeria
7) Emmanuel Maobeng – Cameroun
1) Ibrahima Ndiaye – Senegal – Chairperson
2) Jonathan Kassano – Tanzania- Vice Chairperson
3) Helly Zafinimanga – Madagascar
4) Ewane Louis Bertin – Cameroon
5) Khaled Latif – Egypt
6) Masudy Muhozi – Burundi
7) Adebayo Akande – Nigeria
8) Nana Poku Amankwah- Ghana
Media, Communications & Branding Committee:
1) Yaw Ampofo Ankrah – Ghana – Chairperson
2) Ayo Olu Ibidapo – Nigeria – Vice Chairperson
3) Ms. Marième Ndiaye – Sénégal
4) Ms. Aisha Augie – Nigeria
5) Nasir Auwal – Nigeria
6) Gift Macha – Tanzania
7) Carol Tshabalala – South Africa
Source: ABSU Media